Tracer is installed using ClickOnce deployment technology. After you confirm your download of a trial or purchase a full version, you will be provided with a link to install the tools.
- Close all running versions of Revit.
- Run the the installer application
- Accept the End User License Agreement
- Confirm your installation selections
- Enter your provided license key
- Confirm the installation of SQLite ODBC drivers
- More info on SQLite ODBC drivers
- Install the SQLite ODBC drivers separately
- Wait for the confirmation that installation is complete
Verify your Installation
After installing Conveyor, you should verify that the installation is successful. Check the following Semantic-related applications and confirm the plugins are available.
- Open Revit (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Verify that the Tracer export tool and accompanying links are available under the Proving Ground ribbon tab.
Power BI Visual
Verify that the “Tracer.pbiviz” is available at the file location specified during installation.
- In Power BI, select “Import a Visual from File” from the “Get More Visuals” menu
- Navigate to the Tracer Visual file location and select “Open”
Updating Tracer Tools
Tracer service releases and updates are often available on a regular basis. To update Tracer perform the following steps:
- Re-run the Tracer Installer
- The tool will check if an update is available
- Download the new update
- Follow the installation steps
Uninstalling Tracer Tools
Tracer can be removed from your device by performing the following tasks:
- Run the ClickOnce installer application
- Click “Remove” from the installation screen
- Removing will also deactivate your device from our license manager
To remove the installer from your computer
- Navigate to Add/Remove Programs
- Search for “Tracer”
- Uninstall the ClickOnce application