June 2022 Tracer V3 Workshop
In this 60 min workshop, Proving Ground will host a live demonstration of connecting Power BI to BIM data using the Tracer V3 toolkit. The workshop will introduce basic workflows for exporting Revit data, connecting to Power BI, managing data, and creating interactive 3D Power BI reports.
You will learn:
- How to use Tracer to export data from BIM files
- How exported data is organized within an open, relational database
- How to connect to BIM data form Power BI
- How to use Tracer 3D visuals to compose interactive reports
May 2022 Tracer V3 Preview
This webinar previews new V3 capabilities for Proving Ground’s Tracer 3D Power BI technology. Tracer allows users to render 3D BIM objects within Power BI using model data harvested from Revit and IFC files. Version 3 of the 3D Power BI tools will include numerous performance enhancements and new features for integrating 3D data with Power BI. Join us for this session to learn more about the future of BIM with business intelligence.
In this webinar recording you will learn:
- What are opportunities for leveraging 3D data in Power BI.
- How the 3D Power BI visual displays interactive 3D objects from Revit and IFC data.
- How V3 improves visual performance for rendering BIM data
- What is new Tracer V3 including visual settings and contextual geometry.
March 2021 Workshop
This workshop features a live step-by-step demonstration and Q&A for using the Tracer plugin for Revit and Power BI. Tracer is a toolkit for harvesting and visualizing Building Information Models within the Power BI environment. This workshop will cover how to export data from Autodesk Revit for creating interactive dashboards in Microsoft Power BI using 2D and 3D visuals.
- Learn how to export data from a Revit model to an open database file
- Learn how to access exported Revit data in the Power BI environment
- Learn how to compose 2D diagrams from Revit with the Tracer 2D visual
- Learn how to embed 3D models in your Power BI report with the Tracer 3D visual